Mooli Paratha is a whole wheat flatbread stuffed with grated Mooli. It’s lightly seasoned with spices and makes a wholesome breakfast or lunch.
Ingredients to Make Mooli Paratha
- Mooli 6-7
- Coriander leaves
- Carrom Seeds
- Green chillies 1-2
- Turmeric powder
- Red chilli powder
Method to make the stuffing for Mooli Paratha
- Peel the radish and grate it finely.
- Add 1 tsp salt and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After 10 mins squeeze out all the water from the radish.
- Add 2 tsp crushed carrom seeds, chopped green chillies, ½ tsp turmeric powder, red chili powder ½ tsp and mix it all. Add salt just before making the paratha.
Method to make dough for Mooli Paratha
- Take 3 cups wheat flour.
- Add ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp oil. Mix it nicely.
- Add water slowly and knead a soft dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
Method to stuff and making paratha
- Divide the prepared dough into 5-6 balls. Take one of the dough balls and roll it into a round circle and sprinkle some flour on it.
- Put around 2 tablespoons of the prepared Mooli stuffing in the center. Don’t overfill else it will be difficult to roll.
- Bring all the edges together and pinch to seal the edges. Flatten the dough ball using your hands.
- Now using your rolling pin, roll the dough into a circle of 7-8-inch diameter. Apply equal pressure while rolling, to make a round paratha.
- Transfer the rolled paratha onto the hot tawa. Cook the side for a minute or two and then flip over. Apply oil on the half-cooked side and flip again.
- Now apply oil on the other side as well. Press with a spatula and cook the paratha until both sides have golden brown spots on them. Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
- Serve Mooli paratha with pickle or chutney of your choice.